Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Pie-Day: Grasshopper Pie



My sister is a lover of mint, especially when it’s paired with chocolate. This pie was for her, and it was ridiculously simple. Apparently it's called grasshopper pie because it so quickly "hops" off the plate and into awaiting tummies!





We used all name-brand ingredients, a rarity for us but definitely worth it.




First crush the Oreos and chop up the Junior Mints.




Next, plop some mint cookies n cream ice cream into the pre-made Oreo crust. Yep, that's the whole pie filling - ice cream! Told you it was easy.




Carefully place the crushed Oreos and chopped-up Junior Mints on top of the ice cream.



 
And then drizzle some chocolate magic shell topping over everything.




Then just stick it in the freezer overnight (or it might even be ready after a few hours – I am a big fan of making stuff a day or more in advance, and I think this would keep well for a few days or more even!)




Yeah, it tasted amazing. The chocolatey crunches add texture to the smooth, creamy minty freshness. And it’s one of the easiest pies I’ve ever made!




Grasshopper Pie (recipe from Taste of Home)


Oreo pie crust

4 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened

1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)

5 Oreo cookies, chopped

1/3 cup chocolate-covered peppermint candies (Jr. Mints)

Chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping



  1. Spread ice cream into pie crust. 
  2. Sprinkle with cookies and candies; drizzle with ice cream topping. 
  3. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.

6 comments:

  1. My site also has posts, comments and communities similar to yours. Please visit and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah this weblog is great I like studying this articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, I was searching for the information the whole day. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely delighted in understanding it in my noon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get pleasure from, cause I found just what I used to be having a look for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...